Kieran Shanahan need’s no introduction at all!!
1. What have you been doing since retiring? I am not retired – it is just my recovery time between games keeps getting longer and longer. After 3 unsuccessful retirements I have now accepted my role as footballing Nomad. With footy boots always in the car I could pop up anywhere for a game 1st grade, 2nd grade or even Masters.
2. When did you first joint the Polecats? and how did you find out about the Club originally? I joined the Polecats in 1990 straight from school after finding out about the Polecats from my brother and his mates who went to uni at the CCE (birthplace of the Polecats).
3. Biggest Polecat Highlight? Going through 1996 undefeated and winning the 2nd grade grandfinal against a UTS 1st grade side. In this game played alongside my brothers Chris and Marty and quite a number of mates from school including Leon Burford, Adam McCabe and Murray Taylor to name a few. 1st grade also won that year so celebrations were huge.
4. Best Player you played with at the Polecats? Mick Dover – there was nothing better than watching opposition forwards getting crunched by our halfback.
5. Who is/was the biggest Pest at the Club? Coach Hazelwood from the early 90’s.
6. What do you do in your free time nowadays? Besides running water and cooking the BBQ for the Polecats when I can, I run around after 3 kids.
7. What something most people dont know about you? I enjoy cross dressing, and one day hope to star in the stage production of Priscilla – Queen of the Desert.
8. What NRL club do you support? The Parramatta Eels
9. Who is/was you favorite NRL player and Why? Sterlo – one of the great halves of the 1980’s and myself being a ageing halfback, his nose makes mine look good.
10. Who would you like to be stranded on a desert Island with? and why? The good sort on ‘Lost’. And Why – besides the obvious, she has experience in those situations and even after 6 months stranded on a desert island still looks pretty tidy.
11. Which person would you least like to sit next to on a plane? and why? The Love Child of Bob Lennox and Ben Carter – it needs no explaination.
12. If you were down to your last $10 what would you spend it on? A beer, a meat pie and the newspaper.
13. Whats the best piece of advice you have ever been given? Clench your arse cheeks before you vomit.